Adding an Alert
Add an alert to tell Insight to notify you about changes in a specific metric.
There are two types of alerts:
- Notifies you when a key metric for a profile exceeds a certain level. For example, you
could ask Insight to alert you when page views exceeds 10,000. A notification for an
"Exceeds" alert can be triggered within minutes of the alert event.* Note: *Analysis and data refresh for real-time enabled profiles typically takes fewer than five minutes, but can take up to ten minutes.
- Does Not Reach
- Notifies you if a key metric for a profile has not reached a certain level by a time
you specify. For example, you could ask Insight to tell you if visits does not reach 500
by 4 o'clock. If the first analysis after 4 o'clock shows that visits has not reached
500, Insight triggers the notification for the alert.Note: If your profile is not licensed for real-time data, all "Does not reach" alerts are processed at the end of the day.
Note: Alerts cannot be added in Today and 24-hour modes.
Follow these steps on the profile dashboard to add an alert:
- Click on the metric you want to set the alert for.
Hover over the Alerts bar in the annotations menu and
click the plus sign .
The alert type menu opens.
Select Exceeds or Does not reach.
See alert type descriptions, above.
The Alert Me When dialog opens.
Enter a threshold for the alert.
- Type a value in the text box.
- Click and drag the threshold handle to move the line. The value in the box changes as you drag the line up and down.
- Click Save.
A red dashed line is displayed on the trend view graph and alert indicators are displayed on the account and profile dashboards.