Installing Visitor Data Mart
Installation steps for Visitor Data Mart 9.2c.
The following is a list of tasks for the installation in the order you should perform them.
Install Webtrends Analytics
You must install Webtrends Analytics before you install Visitor Data Mart; you will need information from your Analytics installation, such as the master database server, port, and instance name, for your Visitor Data Mart installation. For more information, see Installing Webtrends Analytics.
If Webtrends Analytics is already installed, you must upgrade to version 9.2c. For more information, see Upgrading Webtrends Analytics.
Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
- Open Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Change User Account Control Settings.
- Drag the slider bar to Never Notify.
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer. A prompt to restart appears briefly and then
disappears. If you miss the prompt, use the menu to restart the
computer.Note: After changing these settings, the computer must be restarted before you start the Webtrends installer.
- Run Windows Update to get the latest patches for the installed components.
Run the Visitor Data Mart Installer
An installation of Webtrends Visitor Data Mart with an existing installation of Webtrends Analytics requires at least two additional servers for Visitor Data Mart components and databases.
- All Visitor Data Mart servers must be running Windows Server 2008 x64.
- The servers designated for Visitor Data Mart databases must have an installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
You need to run only the installer on the Visitor Data Mart server designated for the Event Database Loader and Log File Management components. During installation, you designate additional Visitor Data Mart servers as locations for Visitor Data Mart databases.
- If you have not already done so, download the Webtrends Visitor Data Mart installation files available from Webtrends Technical Support.
- Right-click the installation file and select Run as administrator.
- Unzip the wt-windows.exe file to a local directory.
- Open a Command Prompt window and locate the Webtrends Setup directory you
created in the previous step. Run the Visitor Data Mart setup command, which is
available from Webtrends Technical Support. Note: Do not run the installer on the computer you have designated for Visitor Data Mart databases. You specify the location for Visitor Data Mart databases during installation.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the directory in which to install Webtrends Visitor Data Mart. C:\Program Files\Webtrends is the default. Click Next.
- Select Continuing a distributed installation with the Master Database already installed. The Master Database was set up during your Webtrends Analytics installation. Provide the host, instance, and port of the SQL database. The instance name of the Webtrends Master Database is typically wtsystemdb. For a standard install, leave the Port field blank. Click Next.
- In the Select Components dialog, select the Visitor Data
Mart check box. Note: Do not change any other check boxes in the list.Click Next.
- In the Configuration Database Connection dialog, provide the host, instance, and port of the SQL Server where the configuration databases will reside. This includes the Extended Attributes Master Database (XMDB). To use the default instance and port, leave these fields blank. Click Next.
- In the Configuration Databases Directories dialog, change each entry to use the directory on the host where the SQL Server will store configuration data, log, and index files for Visitor Data Mart. Click Next.
- In the Event Database Connection dialog, provide the host, instance, and port of the SQL Server where the event databases will reside. To use the default instance and port, leave these fields blank. Click Next.
- In the Event Databases Directories dialog, change each entry to use the directory on the host where SQL Server will store event data, log, and index files for Visitor Data Mart. When you finish, click Next.
- In the Webtrends Services Account dialog, enter the username, password, and domain of the service account user you configured during the Webtrends Analytics installation. This account should have read and write permissions for any shared directories that Webtrends uses. Click Next.
- In the Storage Locations dialog, enter a UNC path to the share that stores Visitor Data Mart data such as lookup table upload files. This is the shared directory you set up before you started. Click Next.
- Verify the list of components that you are about to install. If you are satisfied, click Install. Otherwise, click Back to make adjustments.
- When the installation completes, click Finish to close the Installation wizard.
- Validate the installation:
- Start Webtrends On Premises.
- In the left pane, click Administration.
- Under Web Analysis, a link to Visitor Data Mart is available.
- Configure the Log File Management Role
- Enable User Account Control, which was disabled for installation.