Installing Webtrends Analytics 9.2 for Visitor Data Mart
For a successful installation of Visitor Data Mart, you must first install Webtrends Analytics. Follow these steps exactly. The installation process takes about an hour.
The following is a list of tasks for the installation. You can perform the initial procedures in any order; however, you must complete them all before you run the installer.
Before you start, back up your system. You will also need a valid license key for Analytics 9.2c.
- Start the Server Manager.
- Click Roles and select Add Roles. (Click Next in the Before You Begin dialog if it appears.)
- In the Select Server Roles dialog, add Application Server and Web Server (IIS), adding any required features if prompted, and click Next.
- Click Next on the Application Server dialog.
- Click Next.
- Add the Application Server Role Service Web Server (IIS) Support, adding any required features if prompted.
- Add Message Queuing Activation under the Windows Process Activation Service Support, adding any required features if prompted, and click Next.
- Click Next in the Web Server (IIS) dialog.
- Scroll down in the role services dialog and add IIS 6 Management Compatibility (subcomponents are automatically selected), adding any required features if prompted.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
After a few minutes, the Installation Results screen appears.
- Click Close.
Add Service Accounts
- Open the local security policies: Administrative Tools/Local
The Local Security Policy window opens.
- Navigate to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment .
- Add the service account to the following local security policies (regardless
of whether the user already belongs to existing groups in these policies).
- Act as part of the operating system
- Allow log on locally
- Debug programs
- Log on as a service
- Add the service account to the Local Administrators
- Open the Server Manager.
- Navigate to Local Users and Groups/Groups.
- Add the service account to the Administrators group.
Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
- Open Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Change User Account Control Settings.
- Drag the slider bar to Never Notify.
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer. A prompt to restart appears briefly and then
disappears. If you miss the prompt, use the menu to restart the
computer.Note: After changing these settings, the computer must be restarted before you start the Webtrends installer.
- Run Windows Update to get the latest patches for the installed components.
Run the Analytics Installer
- Log in as the Service Account user created in Add Service Accounts.
- Create a location for the storage folder.Note: All report and analysis data is kept in this folder, so it should be backed up regularly. Depending on usage, this folder can grow very large, and should exist on a disk with ample capacity.
- Create a new folder named storage on the destination drive.
- Share the folder. Right-click the folder and select Properties. From the Sharing tab, give read/write access to the user you configured in the earlier steps. From the Security tab, give the user full control.
- If you have not already done so, download the Webtrends Analytics installation files available from Webtrends Technical Support.
- Right-click the installation file and select Run as administrator.
- Unzip the wt-windows.exe file to a local directory.
- Open a Command Prompt window and locate the Webtrends Setup directory you created in the previous step. Run the following command: setup.exe SKIP_BETAS The setup process launches.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the directory in which to install Webtrends Analytics. C:\Program Files\Webtrends is the default. Click Next.
- Select Starting a new installation and click
- If you are adding features to a distributed architecture, select
Continuing a distributed installation and
provide the host, instance and port of the Webtrends Master database
location that has already been installed. Note: The instance name of a new install is typically wtsystemdb.
- For a standard install, leave the Port field blank.
- If you are adding features to a distributed architecture, select Continuing a distributed installation and provide the host, instance and port of the Webtrends Master database location that has already been installed.
- Select the components to install and click Next. A
typical base installation includes:
- Webtrends Master Database
- Reporting and Administration
- Standard Analysis Engine
- GeoTrends Data File
- Select Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
and click Next. Note: It is unnecessary to use an SQL instance other than the one included in the install; SQL Express Edition is more than sufficient to handle the requirements of the system.
- Accept the default Single User Account and click Next.
- Enter the username, password and domain of the service account user you configured prior to installation and click Next.
- In the Webtrends Data Storage Locations dialog, change
each entry to use the shared storage folder that you configured prior to
installation. Substitute the local directory and folder with the share name. Use
Uniform Naming Convention (UNC). For example, change:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Webtrends\storage\analysis to \\mymachine\storage\analysis
- Select the port you want to use for the user interface (if other than the default 7099) and click Next.
- If you have not yet downloaded the GeoTrends data file, click Download GeoTrends and follow the instructions on the Webtrends GeoTrends Data File site. When the download completes, return to the installer, click Browse and navigate to the Geotrends.dat file. Click Next.
- Verify the list of components that you are about to install. If you are
satisfied, click Install. Otherwise, click
Back to make adjustments.
When the base installation finishes, it includes these components: Webtrends Master Database, Reporting and Administration, Standard Analysis Engine, and the GeoTrends Data File. You can now install additional components on your other Webtrends-designated computers in any order.
- Validate the installation:
- Click the Webtrends On Premises desktop icon. You are prompted to activate your license before you can continue. Your order fulfillment e-mail from Webtrends has this licensing information.
- After you have entered a valid license, the Analytics login dialog opens. Type the installing user name and password and click Log in.
You are now ready to install Webtrends Visitor Data Mart 9.2c.