Relocate a Webtrends Analytics Installation
Move a Webtrends Analytics installation from one computer to another using the Relocator tool.
- A working single computer installation of Analytics that also hosts Webtrends' Microsoft SQL Server databases (non-clustered databases).
- A login to the Webtrends service account that has SQL SA rights to the databases.
Export Installation Files from Source Computer
If you have not already done so, download and unzip the Webtrends Relocator executable to the source computer with the Analytics installation you want to move. Relocator is available from Webtrends Technical Support.
- Log into the source computer as the Webtrends Service Account user.
- Double-click Webtrends Relocator v7.x.exe to launch the
utility. Relocator opens with a list of requirements and instructions. Click
OK to continue. Note: Relocator stops all running jobs in your current environment.
- Select the Source Machine check box and then click Get Files.
- Choose the location where you want to save the source package and click OK. Relocator creates a ZIP archive, wtsource.zip, that contains all the files you need to restore your master database and configuration repository.
Import Installation Files to Destination Computer
- Log into the destination computer as the Webtrends Service Account user.
- Copy the Relocator executable as well as wtsource.zip to the destination computer.
- Double-click Webtrends Relocator v7.x.exe to launch the utility. Relocator opens with a list of requirements and instructions. Click OK to continue.
- Select the Destination Machine check box and then click Import Files.
- When the import finishes, copy over the following directories from the source
machine to the appropriate location on the destination machine:
- License your destination computer.
As Relocator runs it creates the log file aRELOCATOR_LOG.log in the directory where Webtrends Relocator v7.x.exe is stored. This log records detailed information about Relocator imports and exports, and is useful for troubleshooting issues.
For additional assistance running this tool, or to report a problem, please contact Webtrends Technical Support.