Creating Rule Sets
A rule set in Score reflects the types of web site events that are important in determining user value and the specific value assigned to each event occurrence.
For most rule types, you can create only one of that rule type per rule set. For example, you can only create one Product View rule per rule set; when you add more rules to the rule set, the Product View rule type is not available. However, you can create multiple Content Group or Custom Event rules within a single rule set.
- In the Profiles and Rule Sets dialog, mouse over a profile and click New Rule Set on the Action menu.
- In the Name text box, type a name that will identify the rule set in the Rules dialog and the Profiles and Rule Sets dialog.
- In the Analysis Start Date field, use the calendar to specify the date from which you want Score to begin scoring data for the profile. The date you specify here is the date when web activity was recorded. You cannot select a date more than 93 days old.
- In the Status list, select Active or Inactive to determine whether Score should use this rule set the next time scoring occurs. You can create a rule set but leave it inactive until you want to begin generating scoring data.
- Click Save and Add Rules.
- In the Rule Name text box, type a name that will identify the rule in the Rules dialog and the Profiles and Rule Sets dialog. For example, type Top Five Products.
- From the Rule Type list, select the type of event the rule will track. For example, select On-Site Search.
- In the Rule Details dialog, specify the point values you want to assign to the event. Some rule types allow you to assign different values to specific instances of the selected event type. For example, you can assign different point values to different content groups or product views.
- Click Save and Add Another to add more rules, or click Save to save the rule set. Rules that have not yet been saved are shown in red type.