A YouTube Channel space uses external data from the YouTube API to provide analytics
for your channel. You can extend the space to include information about embedded YouTube
videos by adding the Webtrends
Click + in Spaces.
Click YouTube Channel.
- If you previously created a connection to YouTube from Analytics 10, your
associated YouTube channels are already listed. Click a channel name to
create a new space using that channel.
- To use to an account that is not listed, click Connect to
YouTube. Enter your YouTube User name and password and then
- If you want to track YouTube videos embedded on a website and not on a
YouTube Channel, click Skip this. I only want to track videos
embedded on my site..
If you're satisfied with the automatically retrieved thumbnail image and name
of your YouTube Channel space, continue to the next step. Otherwise, select
Upload image to add an image from your computer. You
can give the space any name you want.
Select the time zone used to calculate how days are defined in reports.
Select the data tracking you want the space to use (Webtrends and
only, or YouTube only) and then click Save.
If your YouTube Channel space tracks Webtrends data,
download the Webtrends
tracks external data from the YouTube API, reports are immediately available
with data from the previous 14 days.
- Click Download the Basic Tag to download the Webtrends
- Click Build Custom Tag to start Webtrends Tag
Builder, which you can use to customize the Webtrends
- Click Send Download Instructions to send
instructions to the person who will instrument your channel with the Webtrends