Names, descriptions and string length limits for all arguments used by the Mobile
Each event method contains code to validate arguments that are passed in. The
validation code checks the string content against the formal requirements for each
argument type, as well as validating the string length. When a validation check
fails, an IllegalWebtrendsParameterValueException is generated.
All the arguments described in this topic can contain alphanumeric characters
(letters, numbers, punctuation marks, mathematical and other conventional symbols).
If you set a Webtrends query parameter using the customData argument, Webtrends also
validates against the parameter's format requirements.
Character limits for strings are as follows:
- Values passed (including content descriptions, path, content group names or
any custom data): 512
- Custom data name: 64
- Total request length: 4096
- Specifies an activity name associated with the
end of user activity.
- Specifies the name of a single
- Specifies the names of any advertisements that were viewed. You can specify multiple ad names by
populating multiple array elements. For one ad name, populate only the first
- Specifies an application name associated with
application startup, application termination, application foreground,
application background, or application error.
- contentGroup (optional)
- Specifies a group of related application views.
- Specifies the name used to identify a customer
- custom data hashtable
- Specifies a series of custom name-value
parameters used to pass data that is not included in the method.
- Specifies the representation of an application
view at the time of the event. For example, this parameter can specify the
name of a screen.
- Specifies the hierarchical representation of an
application view at the time of the event. For example, this parameter can
specify an application path.
- Specifies the type of event that occurred, such
as a view or click.
- Specifies the name of the media content accessed
during an event, for example the name of a video clip.
- Specifies a type of media accessed during the
event, such as QuickTime or mp3.
- Specifies the type of media event that occurred,
such as a view of media content.
- message (optional)
- Specifies an error message.
- productId (optional)
- Specifies a product identifier.
- Specifies a unique product stock-keeping unit (SKU) number.
- Specifies the search term submitted during an
- Specifies the results returned by an in-application