your web site pages, or by using server-side includes on appropriate web
The method depends on your needs, your maintenance practices, and the programming
resources available to you. You can typically begin viewing reports 24 hours after
the tags are deployed.
Understanding Files in the Tag Download
When you create a Mobile Website Space, you can download the basic tag immediately.
The tag is delivered in a .zip file. The contents of the tag
- readme.txt—basic tagging instructions and version
- webtrends.load.lite.js—a JS script for loading and setting
up the Webtrends Tag.
For performance, we generally we recommend that you include the setup/loading
logic directly in your document's HTML, but some users prefer to abstract the
analytics code completely into its own script file.
- webtrends.load.lite.html—a snippet of HTML code that you
can copy into your page's HTML, near the end of the head block. This snippet is
all you need for a basic setup using the load JS script.
Tag, minified using Google's Closure Compiler with Advanced Optimizations.
Tag. The pre-minified version has everything most customers need, but some
customers prefer to have the source for debugging.
- webtrends.lite.html—a snippet of HTML code that you copy
into your page's HTML, near the end of the head block. This snippet is all you
need for a basic inline setup, where the loading code is included inline on your
Deploy the Tag
- Save the webtrends.lite.min.js or
on your web server.
- Edit the path referenced in webtrends.lite.html so that it
- Add the contents of webtrends.lite.html on every page in
your mobile web site, using one of the two methods below.